The curricular area of Mathematics is fundamental in itself as a field of knowledge, but also, given its instrumental nature, results key to the full cognitive development of the students. That is why for more than twenty years we have been working in a special way. Specifically, iteNlearning has developed its own educational technologies in the mathematical field, as well as its own digital publishing projects, which cover all areas of the discipline. We also have specific courses for teachers in Mathematics, and specialized support.
In this field we have also developed integral Mathematics projects for clients, covering technology, editorial project, training and change management. An example is the Virtual Laboratory of Mathematics, executed for Red.es and the Ministry of Education of the Junta de Extremadura.
1.- Own educational technologies for Mathematics
Our educational technologies for Mathematics have several characteristics that make them unique in the market. First of all, its interaction is created according to the neuropsychological model: its intention is for the brain of the students to develop neural networks specific to the mathematical field through:
- Reinforcement before success.
- Error treatment.
- Adaptive reconfiguration of the content according to the response.
This technology for the field of Mathematics works especially two competitions of this area:
- Competence in numbering, and competence in operations and calculation. According to the neuropsychological model.
- Competence in solving arithmetic problems. Learning from the semantic structure and the mathematical model.
In addition, they are supported by a process modeling with symbolic support, going one step beyond the neuropsychological model itself, in several mathematical fields:
- Units and measures.
- Information processing, Probability and Statistics.
- Logic reasoning.
2.- Editorial projects
Our own editorial projects in the field of Mathematics have several complementary content types:
- Curricular contents, in accordance with educational laws.
- Diagnostic evaluations. To analyze the individualized process of construction of the student’s knowledge.
- Curricular diversification. Materials and specific contents of Mathematics for students with Special Educational Needs.
In addition, all iteNlearning editorial projects have five types of formats:
- Welcome book.
- Diagnostic evaluation and personalized plan for each student.
- Competence notebook. To work the specific competences of Mathematics.
- Text book. With the curricular content.
- Summer book. Personalized for each student according to his performance.
The materials are flexible, because they allow several modalities of content assignment:
- For the authors of the editorial project, with its own sequencing.
- By the teacher, according to their criteria.
- For artificial intelligence, according to the performance of the student.
n particular, the editorial projects of iteNlearning for the field of Mathematics are:
- Cognitive Mathematics. It is the embodiment of the neuropsychological model applied in the school for the acquisition of mathematical competence. Designed specifically for the Primary level, but also applicable to other levels, since its monitoring ensures the complete development of mathematical competence, key to educational success: school failure is given because students pass the course without having acquired the skills. There is more information about the Cognitive Mathematics product in their website. You can also download this PDF brochure.
- Cognitiva Matemàtiques. The same contents, in its Valencian version. Only currently available for the areas of numbering, operations and calculation. There is more information in their website.
- Mathematics in Early Childhood Education. In iteNlearning we have developed several editorial projects for Children that have curricular contents of Mathematics for that level. They are the following:
- EduREC Early Childhood Education. There is more information in their website.
- EduREC English Early Childhood Education. The same material, but with the adapted contents (it is not a mere translation) to work directly with the English language. There is more information in their website.
- EduREC Multilingual Early Childhood Education.The same material, with the advantage that students can work simultaneously Spanish and English. There is more information in their website.
- REC Cognitive stimulation. Specific material for Special Educational Needs in Children. There is more information in their website.
3.- Training and management of educational change
In iteNlearning we have specific courses focused on Mathematics teachers, both in the field of this discipline, as well as more concrete on how our technology and our editorial projects enhance the teaching and learning processes in the area.
Along with this, we also provide support and support to teachers. Not only in relation to technical or functional aspects of the tools, but also with pedagogical and didactic advice specific to Mathematics.
4.- Example of a comprehensive project: the Virtual Mathematics Laboratory.
This is a project executed for Red.es and the Ministry of Education of the Junta de Extremadura, which combines all the previous elements: provision of specific technology for Mathematics, along with a complete editorial project, more teacher training and educational change management . There is more information in your page within the education website of the Junta de Extremadura.